WinAPI for druntime and OpenGL for deimos.

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 04:06:39 PST 2012

On Friday, 23 November 2012 at 11:57:19 UTC, Gor Gyolchanyan
wrote:
> Derelict doesn't define extern functions and includes tons of
> code for
> dynamic loading. It's not a direct translation and since I'm
> aiming for
> deimos, I need to make a direct translation.

Well, I wouldn't call it tons of code! And it *is* a direct
translation. The OpenGL headers can be configured to declare
function pointers. At any rate, I think it wouldn't take much to
cobble together a script to transform the function pointer
declarations in Derelict to the static style. The constants can
be copied and used as is.

You'll still need to use function pointers on Windows for
anything above and including OpenGL 1.2, though, unless there's a
way to statically link OpenGL on Windows systems now that I'm not
aware of.