WinAPI for druntime and OpenGL for deimos.

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 03:14:42 PST 2012

11/25/2012 2:48 PM, Gor Gyolchanyan пишет:
> DerelictGL is flawed. It uses OpenGL32.dll, which is deliberately nerfed
> by Microsoft.

Old tale back when OpenGL was often just software rendered in part or as
a whole.

> the wglGetProcAddress gets the functions pointers, which
> are unavailable from OpenGL32.dll and Derelict doesn't use it.

Not sure how you've come to this conclusion. Did you try it at all?
For one thing - it does pick up extensions (via wglGetProcAddress) from
your vendor's specific opengl driver. There is no such thing as getting
extensions 'from OpenGL32.dll'.

wglGetProcAddress
is present in OpenGL32.dll
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd374386(v=vs.85).aspx

I've used extensions like GL_EXT_* with Derelict just fine.

HINT: opengl32.dll's description OpenGL CLIENT DLL. Implied host is
inside the video driver your vendor provides.

--
Dmitry Olshansky