Account on ARM/Debian

1100110 0b1100110 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 17:46:54 PDT 2012

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 19:39:21 -0500, Brad Roberts
<braddr at slice-2.puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, 1100110 wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 14:31:58 -0500, Walter Bright
>> <newshound2 at digitalmars.com>
>> wrote:

>> to learn
>> production-ready, we
>> an

>> > It would be pretty cool to run this on a Raspberry Pi! Anyone up to
>> the
>> > challenge to build such a system?
>> >
>> I've been looking for an excuse to buy a RPi.
>>
>> I have a static IP and domain to donate as well.
>>

>> If no one else already has one and is willing, I'll do it.
>> I'm already familiar with compiling GDC.
>
> I wouldn't go out and buy one just for this.  The raspberry's are pretty
> underpowered anyway.
>
> I've got a guru plug as well as a qemu environment setup (very easy to
> do), which are both available.  But honestly, cross-compiling from a fast
> x86 box is _tons_ faster than building on-device.  I don't know how well
> gcc is setup for cross-testing though.  That's always... tricky.
>
> Later,
> Brad

Of course, but ssh access allows copying the files over and requires
either complicated network setup, or static IP.
Which is why I mentioned it.  Either I or someone else could have a
cross-compiler which simply copies the results to the RPi to be tested.
;)

It would seem to me to be a Good Idea(tm) to have actual hardware to test
it.
Plus It's just a fun project.  I could host a simple website with it using
vibe(I should really rebuild GDC to check that vibe bug report...) in
order to have an actual "production" test project.