Import improvement

foobar foo at bar.com
Wed Oct 17 11:21:17 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 17 October 2012 at 15:16:12 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 10/16/12 2:49 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2012-10-16 02:10, Peter Alexander wrote:
>>
>>> It's cute, but I think it is terribly misleading. I wouldn't
>>> recommend
>>> that to anyone.
>>
>> I agree. I'm using foo.bar._, that's the same used by Scala.
>
> Sounds good. Arbitrary + precedent > arbitrary.
>
> Andrei

Let's be accurate here:
Meaningful >>> Arbitrary + precedent > arbitrary.

If I want to truly import an _entire_ package than both:
import package.all;
import package.*;
make sense/ meaningful.

If I want to have a special file that includes specific public
imports for the package's public API than it should be called
appropriately. e.g:
import package.api;

I've seen such usage of an "api" package in Google's Android
platform for instance.