On D development

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Oct 24 03:39:55 PDT 2012

On 10/24/12 6:24 AM, Robert Klotzner wrote:
> People could choose between using the experimental version for the
> awesome feature xy and taking the risk of fixing code with incompatible
> changes or stick with the stable version.

That fosters balkanization.

At this point in D's evolution I very strongly think it's the time to
put to good use its many features, instead of making it any easier to
add more. Constraints are liberating. Innovation can be found in the
minds of people, and the thought that there's always a new feature that
can be added instead of an innovative solution within the existing
language stifles creativity.

Andrei