Extending unittests [proposal] [Proof Of Concept]

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Thu Sep 20 12:11:04 PDT 2012

Am Thu, 20 Sep 2012 20:51:47 +0200
schrieb Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com>:

> On 2012-09-20 19:37, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>
> > That's just an example output. We could leave the druntime
> > test runner as is and don't change the output at all. We could only
> > print the failure messages. Or we could collect all failures and
> > print them at the end. All that can easily be changed in druntime
> > (and I'd argue we should enhance the druntime interface, so
> > everyone could implement a custom test runner), but we need the
> > compiler changes to allow this.
>
> It's already possible, just set a unit test runner using
> Runtime.moduleUnitTester.

Oh right, I thought that interface was more restrictive. So the only
changes necessary in druntime are to adapt to the new compiler
interface.

The new dmd code is still necessary, as it allows to access
all unittests of a module individually. The current code only
provides one function for all unittests in a module.