dynamic library building and loading

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Thu Sep 27 01:55:16 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 27 September 2012 at 08:26:08 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> 1. Does this actually run?

If it were non-runnable, I wouldn't posted it.

> 2. This is statically linked with druntime and Phobos. What
> happens when you create an executable that links with the D
> dynamic library?

Solution depends on a problem. I understood Andrei's post that he
wanted a .so file or DLL. I told originally that it is possible
to make shared libraries on linux. Now I see there is some
misunderstanding. Is the problem in diving D application on
executables and shared libraries or making druntime+phobos a
shared library or loading a library at runtime? A was speaking
about the first.

> Last time I tried this (on Mac OS X) I got several symbols
> missing. This was all symbols that are usually pointing to the
> executable, inserted by the compiler. One of them would be
> "main" and symbols like these:
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/src/rt/deh2.d#L27

I have no idea about D support of shared libraries on Mac OS.