Getting started with D - Phobos documentation sucks

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Sep 30 04:22:06 PDT 2012

On Sunday, September 30, 2012 13:02:15 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-09-30 04:17, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> > On Saturday, 29 September 2012 at 17:20:48 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> >> Agreed. What's needed to make it a reality ?
> >
> > Need to integrate my helper program into the website build process.
>
> Is it just me that thinks that having a tool that fixes the generated
> documentation is ridiculous. The compiler should be modified to generate
> the documentation we want to have.

That's what I've always thought. The main problem IMHO is how the links are
generated, making it impossible to have links to symbols with the same name in
the same module even if they're in different scopes (e.g. a free function and
one in a class). And that's definitely not the sort of thing that an external
tool should be fixing.

- Jonathan M Davis