OSX users out there? Serious bug (I think)

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon Apr 1 09:19:30 PDT 2013

On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 11:50:22 -0400
Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> On 4/1/13 11:21 AM, Denis Shelomovskij wrote:
> > 01.04.2013 0:02, monarch_dodra пишет:
> >> This is a two part post.
> >>
> >> The reason I'm worried about this bug is that the only condition
> >> that seems to trigger it passing an object that has a destructor.
> >> I find this is very bothersome, because it can happen with
> >> perfectly safe code, and its "observable condition" is perfectly
> >> undefined. Finally, it only appears in -O, biting you in the ass
> >> in the worst possible moment.
> >
> > Nothing personal, I do respect you, but
> >
> > Bitch please!
> [snip]
>
> Denis, the above (as well as most of the message that follows) is
> entirely inappropriate. It's also compounded by your antics on
> github, where your contributions are marred by a tendency to bully
> other contributors and to convert most every disagreement into
> strife. I have repeatedly asked you kindly to correct that behavior
> to no effect.
>
> Remember, nobody's holding a gun to your head; the door is always
> open for entering as well as leaving. It is entirely understandable
> if you find D unfit for whatever you do, or if its development
> process is not to your satisfaction. But this ongoing attitude of
> playing the victim, interpreting the team's shortcomings as
> incompetence doubled by malice, and picking fights left and right, is
> not helping you or anybody.
>
> I compel you again to revise your attitude toward the people you work
> and interact with in the forum and on github. If that does not
> happen, I will propose to the core team that your github account is
> banned from our project. Sorry it had to come to this.

Geez. It just sounded like a reasonable expression of frustration to me.
*I've* said shit on here that was *far* less level-headed. More than
once.

But then, I never said anything implying an inability to use D
reliably. So I can't help wondering if there's some PR-motivated bias
here. Well, ok, I *do* realize there probably isn't, but when you
respond with the threat of a ban to a fairly reasonable post about
frustrations from having major trouble with the language, then
first of all, that overreacting, but worse: people can easily
misconstrue that as an attempt to sweep real problems things under the
rug. I know nobody's trying to do that, but we definitely don't want
people thinking we are. And that definitely makes it look like we are.