OSX users out there? Serious bug (I think)

Denis Shelomovskij verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 01:45:36 PDT 2013

01.04.2013 19:50, Andrei Alexandrescu пишет:
> On 4/1/13 11:21 AM, Denis Shelomovskij wrote:
>> 01.04.2013 0:02, monarch_dodra пишет:
>> Bitch please!
> [snip]
>
> Denis, the above (as well as most of the message that follows) is
> entirely inappropriate.

Can't agree. I think the complaining is reasonable and it was written as
an answer to "I found a bug, it's terrible!" to show that the situation
is much worse a person thought. It is also aimed to help newbies to
understand the situation if they read NG as it looks like nobody want to
share this (relevant and valuable) information on main `dlang.org` site
but instead a newbie can read some words about stability and conclude
there is no such blocking issues in D. And it looks really like the
current situation as there are lots of "Can I write for Android in D?"
but no "Can I write for Windows in D?".

> It's also compounded by your antics on github,
> where your contributions are marred by a tendency to bully other
> contributors and to convert most every disagreement into strife. I have
> repeatedly asked you kindly to correct that behavior to no effect.

[For someone not informed about my disrespectful posts, read my answer
to Nick]

I have never really answered to this so:

Honestly, I can't even imagine how my malicious silly posts can touch
anybody except me. If someone see this what does he think? I suppose the
only case is: "That is an annoying probably stupid person. He does it
because he has no actual arguments so I will not read further this
discussion as he is obviously incorrect." But looks like you really feel
bad because of this so I will stop my stupid mean jokes.

[WARNING: the following paragraph is solely IMHO and may wrongly blame
good people, remember while reading it that I'm the one who outrage more
than constructive participate]
If we are telling about a respect, I have to say some of the main
developers show far more strong disrespect than me (that's why I feel
angry sometimes). The disrespect is in ignoring another person's
arguments making that person feel like "my arguments are too stupid to
even be arguably rejected". So I also kindly ask the developers to
correct that behaviour. The correction is easy: in the case someone feel
"there is misunderstanding" one (or better two) core developers without
strong opinion on the subject are asked to attach and make unprejudiced
decision (when they can of course, so the discussion may be frozen for a
relatively long time which will only help everybody to rethink his
opinion). In the case their opinion is like the first core developer
opinion the person who is against it have to stop arguing. Probably that
person may have an ability to add new arguments and ask the developers
to rethink their opinion, but only after a few months.

> Remember, nobody's holding a gun to your head; the door is always open
> for entering as well as leaving. It is entirely understandable if you
> find D unfit for whatever you do, or if its development process is not
> to your satisfaction. But this ongoing attitude of playing the victim,
> interpreting the team's shortcomings as incompetence doubled by malice,
> and picking fights left and right, is not helping you or anybody.

I'm not playing the victim. I'm here long enough to see and understand D
shortcomings. If I discovered something unexpected and have troubles it
is my own fault.

I'm worrying about newbies who can start using the language as there is
no warning on the main site about some shortcomings everybody have to be
informed about. Damn, `std.stdio.File` is positioned as an official and
working thing to read/write files (it is even on the main page) what can
I add?

I'm also worrying about D image in the case a count of D users will grow
exponentially and (I hope it will never happen but) D will drown in hate
posts of frustrated users who wasn't informed about thinks they expected
to be informed about.

> I compel you again to revise your attitude toward the people you work
> and interact with in the forum and on github. If that does not happen, I
> will propose to the core team that your github account is banned from
> our project. Sorry it had to come to this.

[Again, for someone not informed about my disrespectful posts, read my
answer to Nick]

Of course, feel free to do it. No sarcasm here, I like D and just can't
be against of pushing out somebody who cause troubles to developers.

--
Денис В. Шеломовский
Denis V. Shelomovskij