About the Expressiveness of D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Apr 3 11:36:54 PDT 2013

> If you push for the lines of unit testing code to be kept to a minimum, I
> don't see how you can possibly expect stuff to be thoroughly tested.

My idea of perfection would be 100% coverage with zero redundancy in the unittests.

In my experience with testing, the technique of "quantity has a quality all its
own" style of testing does not produce adequate test coverage - it just simply
takes a lot of time to run (which makes it less useful, as one then tends to
avoid running them).