Disable GC entirely

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Wed Apr 10 15:25:26 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 10 April 2013 at 22:02:09 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:

> I have noticed that programming and videogames both scratch the
> same
> mental itch, at least for me. If I've been doing a lot of one,
> I'm less
> motivated to do the other.

I recently reached that exact same conclusion too, but in my case
I don't think they both satisfy the exact same "itch". For
example I tend to enjoy FPS games like counter-strike, and even
when I'm tired from programming all day, if I drink a beer or two
and I could play for a few hours no problem. I'll however tend to
avoid RTS games even though I enjoy them after programming all
day.

Passive movies are great for a complete shut down, almost like
going to sleep, which I sometimes do when watching them.

--rt