Vote for std.process

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Fri Apr 12 00:30:28 PDT 2013

On Friday, 12 April 2013 at 07:22:42 UTC, Manu wrote:
> I agree that spawning processes is a low-frequency operation,
> but it's a
> principle I'm trying to illustrate here.

My point was that it is not that it's low-frequency, it's that
the OS process creation operation is so expensive, that a few
memory allocations will not make much of a difference in
comparison. It's the same as optimizing memory allocations in a
program which is intrinsically disk- or network-bound.

> You can argue whatever you like. I've said my part, and I
> wherever it lands is not my call.

Well, that's just not very constructive.

Your complaint in valid in general, but I was pointing out that
it is not much so when specifically aimed at std.process.