Formal Review of std.process

Lars T. Kyllingstad public at kyllingen.net
Fri Apr 12 03:56:28 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 11 April 2013 at 18:20:02 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> Does it throw an Error, that's bad. Code should basically never
> create and throw an Error or Exception. It should always be a
> derived type from either of these classes.

I completely agree.  However, Phobos already throws straight
Exceptions all over the place (just grep for "enforce"), so the
few places where std.process does so is just in keeping with
tradition. ;)

Jokes aside, using Error/Exception until we have decided on a
proper exception hierarchy will help reduce the breakage when we
do.

Lars