'exp' vs 'std'? Forked: Vote for std.process

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 12 09:07:16 PDT 2013

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:27:11 -0400, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I maintain the position that it needs at least a year in the real world
> before you can truly be confident in it. New things shouldn't be barred
> from post-release tuning on account of "omg it's a breaking change!".

I hate the 'omg it's a breaking change!' mentality as well.  This is an
UNRELEASED product.

I also hate the idea of creating another javax.

Here is what I would suggest for new modules (std.log, std.serialization,
etc.):

pragma(msg, module.stringof ~ " is experimental, subject to API changes");

After 1 year, remove the pragma, and freeze the API.

Now, if there were only some way to make pragma(msg...) only print out
when imported from non-library code...

-Steve