Bus error on 32bit OSX, not 64bit

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 14:55:45 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 14 April 2013 at 18:50:52 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-04-14 19:12, John Colvin wrote:
>
>> Have you tried any debugging? Disassembly? It's quite hard for
>> me (or
>> anyone else for that matter) to diagnose when it's not a
>> separately
>> compilable example and there's no extra info.
>
> This is the dissassembly for the 64bit version:
>
> http://pastebin.com/L30u3tMu
>
> 32bit version:
>
> http://pastebin.com/tKVCTeZV
>
> This is what Clang produces for basically the same code:
>
> http://pastebin.com/JBcNupfs
>
> The C code looks like:
>
> http://pastebin.com/KS9QwB3A

That's a start. The relative offsets are missing from the calls
though (I think), which makes it rather hard to decipher. What
are you using to disassemble? "objdump -M intel -dr file.o" will
give you more info. It's the standard linux tool for the job,
available from macports.

Also, it would be good if you ran it with gdb, when it bus errors
type 'disas' and post that. Then we'd be able to see what
instruction it's occurring at (hopefully).