DConf 2013 official car/room sharing thread

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Apr 18 10:50:55 PDT 2013

On 4/18/2013 10:42 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> I certainly don't mind winding and narrow.   Cycling isn't inherently dangerous,
> but the two main things that don't help are - lack of cycle paths; careless or
> inconsiderate drivers.

When you have cars brushing by your elbow at 40 mph, well, I thought that was
very dangerous. When going around curves, cars routinely cut into the inside
shoulder. They'll do it on blind corners, too.

I'm actually surprised that a lot more bikers aren't killed around here,
although many are. I walk a lot, and many times I've had to step lively off of
the road.