DConf 2013 official car/room sharing thread

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 18 13:22:54 PDT 2013

On 18 April 2013 18:50, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 4/18/2013 10:42 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>
>> I certainly don't mind winding and narrow.   Cycling isn't inherently
>> dangerous,
>> but the two main things that don't help are - lack of cycle paths;
>> careless or
>> inconsiderate drivers.
>>

> When you have cars brushing by your elbow at 40 mph, well, I thought that
> was very dangerous. When going around curves, cars routinely cut into the
> inside shoulder. They'll do it on blind corners, too.

Been there and done that with a few buses and lorries.  Also had a few near
misses where the shear force of the wind almost derailed me into the
vehicle passing.  Other than that, I quite happily sit in the drag of a car
going 40mph downhill, or scrape through the busy traffic of a city.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';