Stable D version?

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 23 00:19:45 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 at 07:09:41 UTC, Chris Cain wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 at 06:54:07 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
>> Same to you.
>
> I'm going to just be a little frank with you here.
>
> I've _never_ had even a slightly productive conversation with
> you. You're hostile to work with. I know you have some valuable
> things to say and contribute to the community, but its just too
> difficult to work with you.

Sorry, most of my responses are really short because I'm working
on other things at the moment.

I'm just trying to say a few sentences to make a point and go
back to what I'm doing, but it's not going as well as I would
have hoped.

> If you'd make some effort at being less antagonistic, you'd
> find you'd get much further.

> Like I said in my previous large post, there are solutions out
> there we could talk about, but you won't hear it.

It's because you're solving a different problem than the one I'm
mentioning.
I'm telling you the problem (struct == behavior is wrong), you're
telling me there is a workaround (tuples).

I'm not looking for a workaround, I already know enough
workarounds for it.

I'm just trying to tell you it's a _workaround_ to a _problem_.
The fact that it exists doesn't make the problem go away.

> Heck, you essentially didn't even acknowledge the vast majority
> of what I had to say in my last large post.

Honestly, out of all the things I said, you also picked and chose
single one to give nonsensical replies to.

I said C and C++ and VB.NET and Matlab etc., and you just replied
with "C struct doesn't even have ==".

Not only did you completely miss my first point there (why aren't
other languages doing the same thing?), you also missed my second
point:
If == doesn't make sense, it shouldn't be defined at all.

> I had plenty of neat potential solutions, but they don't even
> get a slight consideration on your part. What a waste of time.

Again, my purpose in mentioning this wasn't to look for a
workaround, but to point out the problem itself, see above.

I'm not having trouble finding workarounds, I'm just pointing out
examples of why people aren't finding D usable (or why they
consider it broken).