Stable D version?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Mon Apr 29 02:54:28 PDT 2013

On Monday, 29 April 2013 at 07:44:15 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Monday, 29 April 2013 at 06:45:32 UTC, eles wrote:
>
> D is simply in no shape to compete for kernels for same reasons
> it is rather painful to use in embedded (fat runtime, language
> features relying on hidden gc allocations etc.) It is hardly
> practical to discuss the moment to compete when it is not an
> option from technical point of view.

This guys don't have any issues selling Oberon compilers for
embedded use.

http://www.oberonday2011.ethz.ch/talks/armembedded.pdf

http://www.astrobe.com/default.htm

A GC enabled systems programming language.

Oracle with their Spots  and the new Keil board support (Java)

http://www.sunspotworld.com/

http://docs.oracle.com/javame/config/cldc/rel/3.3/keil/gs/html/getstart_rtx/running.htm

Or the Netduino guys (C#)

http://netduino.com/

Or course this is a very limited subset of what embedded is all
about, but I think D could also be usable in such types of boards.