Evangelizing Your Cool Product

MattCoder mattcoder at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 6 16:28:41 PDT 2013

On Monday, 5 August 2013 at 19:44:12 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I know that people often are reluctant to promote their own
> stuff because they feel it's immodest. All I can say is get
> over it! Look at Donald Trump, Steve Jobs, Gene Simmons, Jeff
> Bezos, Elon Musk, etc. None of them are/were remotely shy about
> promotion.

I don't think you should just compare programmers/developers with
entrepreneurs like you did. Of course there are programmers who
market/promote their own software, but most don't or at least not
like an entrepreneur would do.

How many bricks Donald Trump helped to put on his buildings?
None, despite he has made a great fortune and career in
construction, he is Bachelor of Science in Economics.

Another example is Steve Jobs, how many games he promoted at
Atari? None, on the other hand he promoted the first Apple
Computer, but who built that machine was the by the other Steve.

Matheus.