Evangelizing Your Cool Product

eles eles at eles.com
Wed Aug 7 16:34:26 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 7 August 2013 at 14:12:32 UTC, eles wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 August 2013 at 02:27:42 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> On 8/6/2013 4:28 PM, MattCoder wrote:
> What I perceived: language should state on those several
> ambiguous issues (@property was quoted, complex numbers) and
> tools should get some maturity (the .so thing for one).

For example: the .so thing was critical for what we had in mind
at that time: write MEX files for Matlab. Those MEX files are
nothing else than some dynamic libraries that expose a particular
function mexFunction() that is recognized by Matlab. They can
speed up scientific computation in Matlab, by coding number
crunching in that dynamic library.

More: the DLL itself is opaque. No customer cared in what
language we did implement the DLLs.

But we were not able to pick D for that task. You know why.