UFCS for templates

Wyatt wyatt.epp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 06:05:12 PDT 2013

On Friday, 9 August 2013 at 03:29:20 UTC, JS wrote:
> Um, not really... Do you think that god made some law that
> requires me to?

There's nothing supernatural involved, but there is basic
scientific method and engineering rigour.  Anyone can throw out
ideas about how they think things "ought to be", but if you can't
even provide a shred of evidence in your favour, it's not
convincing.  Specifically, it makes it look like either a) your
suggestion doesn't effect any real, tangible change or b) you
haven't seriously considered your own proposal or addressed
possible shortcomings.  Moreover, it shows a lack of respect for
the time of others (which is just as finite as your own).  In
short: the "shotgun" approach you've been taking with your
feature requests is not working.

> It' not my problem is you want the D language to suffer.

> I would think that if you really cared about the D lang

> sit here and type up use cases because you are too lazy, don't
> have the foresight, or don't care to think about the issue. The
/snip
Fallacy doesn't help anything. Please stop that. I sincerely hope
you don't believe belittling and insulting the community you want
support from is an endearing trait.

> At some point something better will come with better features
> and D will succumb and all the time you invested will be a
> waste.

Sorry, I don't understand this point at all.  A waste?  Science
is the incremental march of progress; each advancement building
on the last. How is being one of those stepping stones a waste?
I hope we eventually DO have something even better than D2.  Like
D3 or something. ;)

-Wyatt