Have Win DMD use gmake instead of a separate DMMake makefile?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Aug 12 11:43:29 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:08:18AM -0700, Sean Kelly wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2013, at 1:36 PM, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>
> > On the subject of friction, I believe we make a mistake by making a
> > dependency on libcurl, a library over which we don't have control.
>
> Absolutely.  As much as I like libcurl, I was kind of surprised when
> it was bundled with DMD.

The one saving grace about this situation that it's possible to build
Phobos without libcurl, and still get a working toolchain (just that the
stuff that uses libcurl wouldn't work).

Or at least, it used to. IIRC with the recent introduction of shared
library building for Phobos, this may no longer be true.

To provoke is to call someone stupid; to argue is to call each other stupid.