GPGPU and D

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Aug 18 11:30:20 PDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-08-18 at 19:46 +0200, John Colvin wrote:

> A github group could be a good idea, for sure. A simple wiki page
> with some sketched out goals would be good too, which I guess
> would draw on the content of the previous thread.

If I remember correctly in order to make a GitHub group you have to make
a user with an email address and convert it to a group.  I can set up a
temporary mail list on my SMTP server for this so no problem. The real
problem is what to call the group and the project. Anyone any ideas?

> Anyway, I can't really get too involved right now, my masters
> thesis is due in a terrifyingly small amount of time.
> However, come September and onwards I could definitely spend some
> serious time on this. If everything goes to plan I might well be
> able to justify working on such a project as a part of my PhD.

I too have not as much time to actually code on this as I would like in
the short term, but it is better to actually do little bits than nothing
at all. So having the infrastructure in place is an aid for little
things to happen to keep the momentum going. Albeit a small
momentum. :-)

Good luck with the thesis writing.  What is the topic? Which university?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk