OT; Will MS kill .NET ?

"Luís "Luís
Mon Aug 19 19:36:06 PDT 2013

BTW, I was disappointed to find out (and I had to dig through
several contradictory articles to clarify that) that WinRT is not
planned to (eventually) be the new core Windows API (the lowest
level one, ignoring the NT "native" API) , upon which higher
level APIs (like .Net) are built.

Things (like WinRT itself) are going to still be built upon
Win32/64, with all the cruft, and WinRT is just a side
alternative -- a facade to the old crufty API and all its
compatibility issues, not something authoritative. For instance,
windows paths will still have the old Win32 limits, even if the
NT API (and WinRT) is less restrictive.