s/type tuple/template pack/g please

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 11:38:36 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 21 August 2013 at 17:53:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> There's an inordinate amount of confusion around what we
> currently call "type tuple" (embodied in std's TypeTuple). I've
> been furious immediately as I got word that Walter called it
> that way, and it hasn't failed to make everybody else feel the
> same over the years.
>
> So: shall we use "template pack" going forward exclusively
> whenever we refer to that stuff? That way we can unambiguously
> use "tuple" for "value tuples, i.e. like mini-structs that
> group values together".
>
> Destroy. I mean criticize.
>

> Andrei
I'd say go with Seq as has been suggested by some people.

It can't be confused with types, tuples or (un)packing.

It could be extended to ParameterSequence or ParameterSeq or
ParamSeq or whatever.

Either way, it doesn't appear to have any glaring problems.