s/type tuple/template pack/g please

Atash nope at nope.nope
Thu Aug 22 01:17:02 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 21 August 2013 at 18:50:30 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 08/21/2013 11:40 AM, Atash wrote:
>
> > I don't see wording 'template pack' being problematic,
> assuming that there's
> > really no other way to use them but through templates (which
> AFAIK they
> > can't).
>
> TypeTuple can represent function parameter lists and array
> literal lists as well:

Under the assumption that the following was meant to be a
counterpoint...

> import std.typetuple;
>
> void func(int, int)
> {}
>
> struct S(int a, int b)
> {}
>
> void main()
> {
>     alias tt = TypeTuple!(1, 2);

^ I'm not seeing the case given that TypeTuple is a template.

== What are we *actually* talking about?

I feel like this wasn't well defined, because now I'm feeling
mildly confused with where the discussion has gone.

template Stuff(A...) { <stuff> } // a sequence/tuple of template
parameters
alias TypeTuple!(<stuff>) B; // std.TypeTuple
TypeTuple!(<stuff>) C; // value tuple

I'm inclined to say that the debate is currently about A, but
just to make sure... are we talking about A, B, C, or something
else entirely?

== Annnddd more general stuff

Under the assumption that we are talking about A in the section
above...

IMO, it's almost inevitable that whatever noun you guys decide on
is going to be preceded by the word 'template' in conversation
and in written communication if it isn't there already. While
that sort of casual wording may be easily relegated to a synonym,
it's still worth thinking about, methinks.