Possible solution to template bloat problem?

Ramon spam at thanks.no
Thu Aug 22 08:06:17 PDT 2013

Agreeing with eles

On Thursday, 22 August 2013 at 14:08:47 UTC, eles wrote:

> Let's end this trouble. There is a lot of work that awaits to
> be done.

I limit myself to

On Thursday, 22 August 2013 at 14:21:45 UTC, Regan Heath wrote:

> .. and have you taken that advice as it was intended?  With
> good intent?  Or are you still assuming the worst in people?

Yes and no.

No, I did not take the advice. Partly because it doesn't mean
and/or concern me, partly because I tend to carefully select from
whom I take advice.

And Yes, I have understood you having good intentions.

For the rest of your post: Yeah, right, *I* have got it wrong. Of
course. You bunch of assholes.
("asshole", of course, meaning "esteemed colleagues" but I won't
tell you that until later).

On Thursday, 22 August 2013 at 14:22:44 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Human language rarely has any clear and well-defined meanings.
> Without cultural context it is almost nothing. Actually, in
> fact people almost never understand each other, they always
> operate within some amount of false assumptions.

And, of course, the "D-crowd" is perfectly right assuming a
newcomer to know their internal communication codes - while - the
newcomer, of course, is plain wrong when assuming that words
carry the meaning they carry for the rest of the world. Sure.
Strikes me as brilliantly logical. I should bow before so much
wisdom. How does one bow around here? By farting?

> In that regard, Andrei, who has been using well-established
> communication protocol understood by most part of this
> community was most honest and reasonable in expressing his
> intentions. Failure to understand that is always your failure
> as "proper" communication is always defined by community and
> never by beliefs of some people.

Short version: Mr. A is alpha and we are "the D crowd" not only
making whateverrules we please but we also expect anyone entering
our virtual group to immediately know all our arbitrary wanton
rules and kinks.
Try that with your dog. Using that on intelligent life forms is
bound to fail.

> Scorning from my side is not because of opinions you express or
> technical goals you find important. It is because of sermon
> flavor that overwhelms all your comments. No reasonable man can
> think his beliefs and/or habits are any exceptional. Denying
> this and refusing to properly study domain you oppose is quite
> reliable indicator of ignorance or trolling. Probably both and
> I shouldn't really care about the difference.
>
> I must admit I am quite fast to lose my temper and tend to
> overreact sometimes. However, it makes me sad to see that D
> community falls into completely opposite extreme - wasting time
> and efforts in useless attempts to satisfy people who are
> simply mocking it, whenever form it may take.

So I'm supposed to thank you for your lack of consistency and
"wasting time"?

You seem to know quite a lot about D. It might be wise to play
that strength rather than doing what you did here (and which I
mercifully will not take on further).

Have a nice day and be sure that I'll gladly listen to you as
soon as it's about D ;)