Front-end release.NEXT

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 30 08:00:38 PDT 2013

On 30 August 2013 15:48, Dicebot <public at dicebot.lv> wrote:
> On Friday, 30 August 2013 at 14:43:12 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> You should create a DIP to start a formal review process for this.
>

> You have forgot the part about writing pull request and providing
> deprecation path (emo)

The compiler frontend implementation allowing bogus or conflicting
pre/post attributes as no-ops is nothing new (bearophile has been
documenting all wrong/confusing cases since 2010).  So keeping what
was a no-op as a no-op for the time being can't hurt too much.

Haven't read all posts but am I right in assuming that the compiler
will correctly warn for post attributes, but clears pre attributes
silently?

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';