Front-end release.NEXT

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Aug 31 14:42:56 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 01:27:09PM -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/31/2013 1:00 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >Oh, you mean the D equivalent of dlopen/dlsym/dlclose? That would be
> >*very* nice, if it can be made to work.
>

> It certainly can be made to work. Martin Nowak is close to getting it
> done.

Excellent! I presume it will be type-safe and support all the usual D
idioms? (I.e., none of that ugly mess with dlsym and C++, where casting
void* returned by dlsym() to a func ptr is undefined behaviour according
to the C++ spec).

The two rules of success: 1. Don't tell everything you know. -- YHL