Hitchikers Guide to Porting Phobos / D Runtime to other architectures

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Tue Dec 3 23:29:11 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 at 21:39:20 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am Tue, 03 Dec 2013 16:30:10 +0100
> schrieb "Joakim" <joakim at airpost.net>:
>
>> On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 at 15:13:36 UTC, Johannes Pfau
>> wrote:

>> > At some point, probably yes. However, I want to get the
>> > 'easy' stuff
>> > working first. This means a stable and well-tested
>> > ARM/Linux/glibc
>> > build should be available first. (It makes more sense this
>> > way as we
>> > still have/had some ARM codegen bugs in the compiler.)
>>
>> OK, anything against putting your incomplete Android port
>> online someplace, say on github?  I'm working on an
>> Android/x86 port now, that way we could work together and
>> submit our patches together.  This would especially allay
>> Iain's concerns about future conflicts between Android/x86 and
>> Android/ARM patches.  My work is publicly available here:
>>
>> https://github.com/joakim-noah/druntime/tree/android
>
> Sure, here's the code:
>
> Android stuff, but I guess 99% of it is obsolete now
> https://github.com/jpf91/GDC/commits/android
Are these all your patches to druntime?  For example, you
mentioned earlier that you "had to rewrite the complete core.stdc
bindings," but there are only three small patches to core.stdc in
the above branch:

https://github.com/jpf91/GDC/commit/d807f9d8a1cc51efe8b14a48d6a294174dc92168

You also mentioned porting the GC, but there are no patches for
that.  I thought you'd gotten further along on an Android port
based on your earlier comments.  It appears that we hit the same
stderr issues though. :)