Build Master: Scheduling II

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Dec 4 00:09:51 PST 2013

On 2013-12-03 15:25, Andrew Edwards wrote:

> I am working on a MacMini running OS X v10.9. I have Ubuntu 13.10 Server
> loaded in VirtualBox and will be using Jordi Sayol's script to build
> packages for linux/Windows and Jacob Carlborg script for OSX.
>
> Both of these scripts require an preexisting release zip and as of this
> moment, I am unaware of the steps to create that file. I will need some
> instructions on how to access and run the auto tester if that's what
> generates the zip or, if it's already automatically created,
> instructions on how to retrieve and stage it for the build.

Unfortunately there is no publicly available script (or similar) that
creates the zip. It's Walter how always creates it.

As others have said, the closest you get it probably the script Nick is
working on: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/installer/pull/24

> I will be setting up a tag on github today for the first beta release of
> 2.065 (2.065-b1).
>
> Request your corporation/support in ensuring a smooth process.

Ideally there should be a "one-click" tool/script that manages the
complete release of a new version, including beta and release
candidates. With one command it should:

* Create a git tag for all involved repositories

* Instruct the autotester to build the compiler, libraries, installers
and all tools for each platform based on the newly created tag

* Assemble the cross-platform zip on one of the autotester machines

* Upload zip and all installers to the Digital Mars FTP and/or Amazon or
wherever these things are currently hosted

* Generate the changelog from bugzilla. The overview/general information
should already be present in the changelog at this time

* Updates the website with the new changelog and links to the new release

* Posts a message to the announce newsgroup, twitter, reddit? and any
social networks we would like to post to

Preferably there should be options to disable any of these steps make it
possible to just assembly the compiler and tools but not make a proper
release (update website post to social networks)

--
/Jacob Carlborg