D vs Go in real life, part 2. Also, Erlang.

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 05:50:51 PST 2013

> GC should not impact general performance in such scenario but
> is likely to hinder latency which pretty much matches what you
> are observing. Can you possibly provide information about
> network layout, h/w and server code used for testing? There are
> lot of possible oversights that can make results less legible,
> would have been nice to verify those ;)

I'd have to dig in and see data to be convinced it's the GC
making the latency worse than the C implementation, but from what
I know you've got more experience with this so who knows :)

Doing this on a real network was waaay more work than I was
willing to put up with for something a colleague said during
lunch break, so it was done on localhost. The h/w is a Core i7
Lenovo laptop (W530) with 8GB of RAM running Arch Linux. My
server code can be found at https://github.com/atilaneves/mqtt,
the C implementation has its own website: http://mosquitto.org/.

Atila