D vs Go in real life, part 2. Also, Erlang.

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 01:50:48 PST 2013

> Isn't it most important that all languages were tested in the
> same way?

Maybe. I actually thought that if there might be a lesson here if
it turns out that the quality of the implementation and
appropriate use of data structures and algorithms mattered more
than the choice of programming language, but in the end competing
with each other just made all of the implementations in the same
order of magnitude of performance.

This was never meant to be scientific, it's my Physics background
showing up when I can't make measurements without calculating
error bars.

This started as a lunch joke. I came here to gloat, then you guys
go and ask intelligent questions, what's up with that? :P

Atila