Publication of the French traduction on ddili

"Raphaël "Raphaël
Mon Dec 9 06:25:01 PST 2013

On Monday, 9 December 2013 at 00:49:00 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 12/06/2013 09:21 AM, Raphaël Jakse wrote:
>
> > I published the current state of my translation on Gitorious:
>
> Thank you and the future reviewers for their work. What an
> honor to see it in another language! I especially liked it that
> you carried some of my rare silly jokes to French e.g. "Ce
> livre a été relu par Ergin Güney pour être élevé de mon englais
> à l'anglais" after "This book has been proofread by Ergin Güney
> to be elevated to English from my Inglish." ;)

Your joke made me smile. I'm lucky it translated well into French
:-)
Feel free to point me things you would appreciate to see
carefully translated which I might have not seen.

> > There are about 42 chapters still to translate, with three of
> them still to
> > translate from Turkish to English.
>
> We should also figure out how to move the updates to the French
> version. Perhaps I should be the one posting pull requests to
> your project in English? :) For example, the Acknowledgments
> chapter has already many more names than in the French
> translation. :)

As your book is versioned, I managed to find a convenient way to
keep track of changes. I got a diff between revision 501 (Sept
2012) (to be sure) and today (rev 654), I'm going to update the
translation.

To keep track of changes, I just need to do this:
$ svn up
$ svn diff -r 501 > changes
$ kompare changes

And create a file in my repository which stores the revision to
which the translation correspond.

To keep track of changes passively, I just subscribed to
https://code.google.com/feeds/p/ddili/svnchanges/basic

With this, keeping the French translation up-to-date should cost
nothing more than translating the modifications.

Note for later: use a versioning system for all new consequent
document.