OT: Your accomplishments in 2013 and plans for 2014

Volcz volcz at kth.se
Thu Dec 12 23:47:51 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 11 December 2013 at 19:45:25 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
wrote:
> Ok, so who's next who wants to share?

A lot has happened this year and I have realized my life is a
marathon at sprint speed, it's way to fast and long.
I've been mostly lurking here on the D newsgroups and most of
what I've learnt this year programming-wise has been from the
newsgroup. It's been a great experience.
My projects this year has been some research around CRC checksums
(I'm hoping that I'll be able to contribute these to phobos) and
my own home-brewed game engine. The engine now has input and
graphics, this lead me to writing a ray tracer (next years
project). Also learnt the basics for vi, what a tool! And last
but not least I've starting to learn more about software security
and will continue with the crypto parts next year. Recently
ordered a type matrix keyboard. Started with bicycling. and biked
the Vätternrundan
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%A4tternrundan).

So next year...  I'll become a father in March/April, so that
will be my main objective. Another thing that would be great if
time allows would be to develop and commercially ship a product
developed in D.