GuitarHero/RockBand fans... side project anyone?

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Fri Dec 13 12:03:13 PST 2013

Am Fri, 13 Dec 2013 00:48:38 +1000
schrieb Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com>:

> Sure. But you can still work on those things while playing the game, those
> aspects of your performance just won't be accurately recorded or scored.
> My drums (from 'band hero', typically considered the best ones they ever
> made) do report impact sensitivity, although it's not used by the game for
> some reason.
>
> For me, I never played drums, and there's a lot of motor skills required to
> tightly synchronise all those limbs that are perfectly applicable skills I
> developed while playing those games.
> I was so sloppy synchronising hands and feet at first, and my left hand was
> kinda gump, would never keep up with my right hand in rolls, and when i
> tried to synchronise fast double kicks with hand rolls... keeping all those
> motions tight is stuff I wouldn't have if I didn't play those games.

Hey, I keep drumming on everything I find. Tables, stools and
especially my cheap keyboard. That keyboard has a certain
crunch to it. I'm worried about my notebook though. I hope the
hard disk can handle the shocks. :) I just can't keep calm to a
good rock song.
But whenever a real drummer sees me drumming on a bar table,
they gotta show me that there is more to it and I wonder how
one can ever learn to coordinate two hands and the feet to play
different rhythms and above that hit the correct drum.

--
Marco