D benchmark code review

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Dec 14 21:01:38 PST 2013

On 12/14/2013 8:22 AM, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
> Regarding using the not-operator for non-not-operations: anything would be
> better than reusing operators that are commonly used to affect control-flow. It
> makes it difficult to comprehend control flow when you skim code you are not
> familiar with. "not" tends to be used for completely changing the flow of a
> program so those "!" are attention-seekers when trying comprehend unfamiliar code.

Since C uses * for thoroughly unrelated operations multiply and indirection, and
I've never heard a complaint about that, I don't see the rationale that ! would
be confusing to use as a binary operator as compelling.

> 3. No high performing authoritative compiler suite.

Yes, there is one, and it is run automatically on every pull request to the
compiler & libraries.