D benchmark code review

Kapps opantm2+spam at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 21:04:25 PST 2013

On Sunday, 15 December 2013 at 04:55:47 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/14/2013 12:37 PM, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
> <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
>> "<>" is much more visually distinct,
>
> Only in trivial code. If it is mixed up with shifting and
> comparison operators, which are hardly rare, it becomes hellish.

I used to find !() quite ugly as well, and <> nice, but that came
from being used to how other languages did templates. In D
template parameters can be much more complex which I feel the !()
deals with better. For the ones that aren't complex, they're
usually just a single argument and foo!arg handled that just fine.