between and among: worth Phobosization?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Dec 18 11:47:05 PST 2013

On 12/18/13 10:02 AM, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad" > The trick is to make the
algebra useful for the domain it is used in.
> Some properties we are used to from regular real numbers will almost
> always break, so you have to decide based on usefulness.

I don't think so. Algebraic properties have been derived from desirable
and useful properties and have long shown good returns. Breaking
algebraic properties based on ad-hoc arguments of usefulness will
guarantee the type won't work with many standard algorithms (sort etc)
and will never cease to surprise its users.

Andrei