Go compiler moving from C to Go

Francesco Cattoglio francesco.cattoglio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 03:57:04 PST 2013

On Sunday, 22 December 2013 at 19:49:21 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> On 20/12/13 02:40, Francesco Cattoglio wrote:
>> I don't know, I feel like I would be more useful if I only
>> sticked with working
>> on the standard library when needed and writing software that
>> others might find
>> interesting (I'm planning on "resurrecting" SciD btw)
>
> Nice to know -- anything in particular you are keen to work on
> there?

No real battleplan other than turning it into a DUB package, then
I guess I will move from there. But first, I need to analyze and
understand the 2 codebases: the Kyllingstad one and the cristicbz
fork. I'd like to understand if there's any way to reconciliate
them and/or which one is the "best" to start working on.
After that I'll probably look into linear algebra. But this will
start next year. I need to properly learn D with this project (I
only played with it untill now, no serious projects on the
record).

Help is welcome, ofc. Kyllingstad himself wanted SciD to be a
community effort.