Bypassing the postblit?

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Mon Dec 30 08:23:14 PST 2013

Am 30.12.2013 17:19, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> There's no state. Just that it's an area in which Walter is opened to a
> language change. Kenji is opposed though.
>
> Andrei

I must say, that the current situation with only postblit makes it quite
easy to implement containers and gives a lot of flexiblity when handling
user defined value types in general. But as shown in this thread not
every use case can be implemented with just a postblit. I had some other
use cases in the past where postblit was not enough, and I had to work
around by adding one level of indirection. Usually these use cases
involve wrapping a pointer or a reference to an object.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut