Microsoft working on new systems language

Brian Rogoff brogoff at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 12:47:48 PST 2013

On Monday, 30 December 2013 at 12:20:36 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> But the Oracle JVM has a GC (more than one) way better then the
> current D one :-)

Of course. But Java requires a world class GC and
state-of-the-art escape analysis to achieve excellent
performance. These would be nice to have in D, especially the
super duper GC, but D will be fine IMO once it has a decent
precise GC since it won't be pounding the GC as hard as Java
would.

I hope that after the ICE removal release coming up soon that
there will be a 'get the precise GC working' release.

As far as escape analysis goes, I rather wish D had stolen some
ideas from Ada (>95) like 'aliased' and restrictions on
address-taking and pointers, but I suppose that will have to wait
for D2++.

-- Brian