DIP23 draft: Fixing properties redux

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 07:02:28 PST 2013

On Sunday, 3 February 2013 at 14:40:30 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 2/3/13 4:11 AM, monarch_dodra wrote:
>> On Sunday, 3 February 2013 at 08:16:08 UTC, Andrei
>> Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> In brief:
>>>
>>> * Optional parens stay.
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>
>> Will we keep the optional -property (or similar) for those of
>> us that
>> *want* enforced parens, even with UFCS?
>
> No. Thanks for the reminder - I updated the DIP.
>
>> Did a sensible reasons actually ever come up for allowing
>> optional
>> parens on non-UFCS?
>
> This is a judgment call as reasonable people may disagree on
> it. Walter and I both believe optional parens are a good thing
> for D. At this point, we don't think one more pass through the
> pros and cons would change our opinion.
>

> Andrei

Thank you for the answers. I didn't follow all 500 posts in the
other thread, so it was really just to have more vision on the
DIP. I don't want to try to change anybody's opinion. Just trying
to get a clear status on where we currently stand.