Expanding Phobos from a flat hierachy

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Wed Feb 6 20:19:56 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 6 February 2013 at 21:07:24 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 2/6/2013 12:15 AM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > I don't think that it's generally worth trying to rearrange
> > the modules that we already have. So, adding std.halffloat
> would be bad, but I'm
> > not sure that it's worth doing something like moving std.uri
> into std.net.
> > Even if we did, we'd be forced to leave std.uri around for
> quite some time
>
> At least the contents of std.uri can be nothing more than:
>
>   module std.uri;
>   public import std.net.uri;

Just throwing in an idea, in case no one mentioned it yet:

To avoid cluttering the Phobos directory structure,
documentation, makefiles, etc. with redirect modules, the
redirect modules can be placed in a completely separate directory
(which would also have a "std" subdirectory), which would be
added to sc.ini/dmd.conf's include path.