skipping a statemnet from inside a repeating block

Gopan Gopan.Gopalakrishnan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 05:14:46 PST 2013

Dear Friends,

I have a callback function which will be called back so many
times, say at every second for a week.

void TimerCallback(int number)
{
     Statement_1;

     if(number == MY_MAGIC_NUMBER)
     {
         /*
         I have been waiting for this so far.  Now, I have got
want I want.
         So, I don't want to execute the the above if condition
for further callbacks.

         IS THERE ANY TECHNIQUE by which I can say HERE that,
         from Statement_1, the control can directly go to
Statement_3,
         skipping the evaluation of the above if condition?
         If it is not possible, is it a limitation at the
         micro-processor architecture level?
         */
     }

     Statement_3;