writing library in D for Linux and other OSes

mrkafk mrkafk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 05:31:52 PST 2013

Hello,

D (complete) newbie here.

Being sick of C/C++ I would like to write my next library in D
lang. It seems that wrting Win DLL is easy or perhaps workable at
least (http://dlang.org/dll.html ), but what about other OSes,
Linux at least? And iOS + OS X?

Specifically, I need to write library usable from Python. There's
PYD, I know, but in general, if I wanted to call that library
from other languages using C interface, how well it works in
practice?

Another issue is GC: can I use D's garbage collection
(realtime-like performance is not necessary for my needs) in the
library and it will "just work" in say Python code? Or not?

Thanks!