What's missing from Phobos for Orbit (package manager)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Feb 14 18:06:05 PST 2013

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 17:45:04 Michel Fortin wrote:
> On 2013-02-14 21:38:24 +0000, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> said:
> > On 2013-02-14 22:00, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> >> The other things, such as xml, I think are more troublesome. This seems
> >> like a trivial problem with a trivial solution.
> >
> > Yes, so what about the other things, such as xml. Any suggestions?
>
> I'm not sure why you don't want to continue using Tango. It's no longer
> incompatible with Phobos I think.

Anyone is free to use Tango in their own apps, just like they're free to use
any 3rd party library. The problem is that Andrei doesn't want anything to be
"official" unless it only depends on official stuff (I don't know how Walter feels
about that). So, if Orbit is to be D's official package manager (and presumably
be in the D-Programming-Language group on github), it can't depend on any
libraries other than D's standard library and its own internal libraries.

- Jonathan M Davis