The DUB package manager

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat Feb 16 14:49:21 PST 2013

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 22:21:55 +0100
Sönke Ludwig <sludwig at outerproduct.org> wrote:

> My idea for the things you mentioned (swig, c, etc.) was to have a set
> of hooks that can be used to run external tools (invoked before
> build/project file generation, before build or after build). That
> together with your proposed interface should provide all the necessary
> flexibility while putting an emphasis on a standard way to describe
> the build process.

I like a lot of what you've said, but my concern about this part is,
does it support things like:

- Dependencies between custom build steps (so that custom build steps
aren't needlessly re-run when they're not out-of-date, and can
possibly be parallelized)

- Multiple custom build targets

- Multiple custom build configurations

I think those are essential for a real general-purpose build tool.